Plastic crates are frequently used to move things from one point to another. These crates are made of plastic material which makes them durable, reliable, degradation resistant, and lightweight. Plastic crates are more expensive than wooden or cardboard crates but are much more durable and useful in numerous settings. Read More…
Rahway Steel Drum Company, Inc.Cranbury, NJ | 800-260-3786
As a leader in the plastic container industry, Rahway Steel Drum Company supplies a wide variety of precision manufactured products to be used for regulated & non-regulated liquid & solid packaging.$$$
Jakacki Bag & Barrel, Inc.Chicago, IL | 800-760-3786
Jakacki Bag & Barrel, family owned and operated, is a plastic container manufacturer. Their products include pails, pallets, gaylords, drums and so much more.$$$
Container Distributors, Inc.Venice, IL | 800-366-5098
Container Distributors offers a solution for all of your plastic container needs, including all sizes of new and reconditioned plastic containers, as well as steel and fibre drums. We also carry a wide range of cubic yard boxes and IBC/totes.$$$
MDIMinneapolis, MN | 651-999-8200
Minnesota Diversified Industries (MDI) is a manufacturer of a variety of PolyEthylene Corrugated Plastic Solutions including totes, trays, boxes, sheets, rolls, recycling bins, tree wraps and water jetbricks, as well as custom products. MDI also provides kitting, packaging and assembly services.$$$
Pipeline PackagingHudson, OH | 440-349-3200
With over twenty years of experience, we are your premier source for 55 gallon drums and all corresponding products. Our talented teams of designers and engineers will work closely with you to come up with a product that will be just as unique as you need it and that will offer a long lasting value! We have made it our mission to put our customers first! To learn more about what we may be able to do for you visit us online today!$$$
Western Industries Plastic Products LLC.Winfield, KS | 620-221-9464
For the past 30 years, Western Industries has been manufacturing plastic containers for a variety of industries, and fulfilling the needs for businesses large and small. At our 350,000 square-foot manufacturing campus, we have the technology and the expertise to manufacture plastic containers of all shapes and sizes, defect-free.$$$
Design and Manufacturing Process of Plastic Crates
There are many types, sizes, colors, and shapes of plastic crates. These crates are all designed to withstand temperatures, weight stresses, and various impacts. Manufacturers can use multiple materials to make plastic crates. For example, while polypropylene offers superior scratch resistance, polyethylene has a stronger strength capacity and offers superior UV protection. Antioxidants and UV blockers can be added to both materials to increase their performance.
The plastic crate's desired shape determines the method of the plastic forming procedure employed. Every plastic crate has a unique form and layout that is better produced with one kind of construction technique over others.
There are two possible configurations for designing crates: open and closed variants. Open plastic crates can have a grid pattern for clear sight of the contents, whereas closed plastic crates are built without covers and have removable or hinged lids. Plastic containers are in great demand from the food service and delivery sectors. Most food items, including dairy goods, bread, drinks, meats, and seafood, are shipped in plastic food crates.
Stacking Orientations of Plastic Crates
Plastic crates have different stacking orientations, including stack & nest, stacking, and collapsible/foldable designs. All varieties are used to contain and ship things. Still, the discrepancies among them become more significant when the boxes are delivered empty since the volume affects the cost of transportation.
- Collapsible Plastic Crates: These are the priciest crates to buy due to their ability to fold or collapse when not in use. However, their ability to collapse helps save space and, potentially, shipping costs when crates are shipped back to facilities for reuse.
- Stacking CratesThese crates may be stacked on top of one another to maximize the available area because of their square shape and rounded corners. These are generally the least expensive type of crates to produce and purchase.
- Stack-&-Nest Crates: Stack-&-nest crates allow for stacking nearly within one another when not in use. They often come with swing bars that serve as handles when in use.
Types of Plastic Crates
The most popular types of plastic crates are as follows:
- Standard Plastic Crates: These are employed in various fundamental storage situations. They come in a variety of shapes, colors, and sizes. These include polypropylene distribution containers for foodstuffs that do not require ventilation. They assist in transport by safeguarding delicate and breakable goods. These containers provide an easy, stable option for many storages and shipping needs.
- Plastic Crates with Ventilation: These are typically used to store fruits, vegetables, and other products. These include the dairy industry's usage of plastic crates. They are reachable, provide excellent ventilation, and, depending on the orientation of the crate, can be very stackable.
- Closed Plastic Crates: These are premium crates that may be produced in various dimensions and forms and are closable. They are often used for several types of storage, including food and fish preservation in the fishing business.
- Jumbo Plastic Crates: These enormous containers are used mainly for storing and transporting large and bulky products.
Applications of Plastic Crates
- Dairy Industry: Milk crates are a crucial part of the dairy industry's system for distributing milk cans and packages across cities and towns. They are essential and effective for transporting milk long distances, holding the containers firmly, and preventing spills.
- Agricultural Uses: The agricultural sector benefits significantly from plastic crates because they provide a sanitary and effective storage and shipping option.
- Fishing Industry: To keep fish from spoiling during transport, fisheries use plastic crates, fish tubs, and ice boxes.
- Fruits and Veggies: Since they are perishable and quickly harmed by harsh weather, fruits and vegetables must be transported across great distances with careful hygiene and care. Plastic crates are a cost-effective option that meets these requirements.
- Grocery Stores: The supermarket sector is another significant industry benefiting from plastic crates. Numerous items are transported to stores using these containers. Other plastic crates, meanwhile, let clients easily transport and temporarily hold products during shopping trips.
- Numerous industries have long utilized plastic crates and containers to facilitate storage and shipping while improving the supply chain.
Benefits of Plastic Crates
- Because plastic crates are sturdy, rigid containers that may be reused for shipping items on several trips, the price per trip is relatively low.
- After usage, plastic crates are simple to clean and sanitize.
- Strong and weather-resistant plastic crates are readily available. This makes it possible for the crates to help cool produce items in hot, humid environments and during the transport of these crops.
- Various sizes and shapes can be provided depending on the customer's requirements.
- While cardboard may handle lesser loads, plastic is more durable and can support heavier loads and a larger variety of items.
Choosing the Proper Plastic Crate Manufacturer
To ensure you have the most productive outcome when purchasing plastic crates from a plastic crate manufacturer, it is important to compare several companies using our directory of plastic crate manufacturers. Each plastic crate manufacturer has a business profile page highlighting their areas of experience and capabilities, along with a contact form to directly communicate with the manufacturer for more information or request a quote. Review each plastic crate business website using our proprietary website previewer to quickly learn what each company specializes in. Then, use our simple RFQ form to contact multiple plastic crate companies with the same form.